Here you will find an alphabetical list of animals that start with V. Below we have compiled different types of popular animals of all shapes and sizes from all corners of the world such as Vulture, Vicuña, Vixen, Viper, Velvet Ant, Vaquita, Vampire Bat, Virginia Opossum, and Velvet Worm. You will also find interesting facts and figures about each animal that start with V.
List of Animals That Start with V
Here is a complete list of animals that start with V:
|Vaquita||Vernal hanging parrot||Viper|
|Vampire bat||Virginia rail||Violet-crowned hummingbird|
|Vanga||Vulturine guineafowl||Vaillant’s woodpecker|
|Varanid||Victoria crowned pigeon||Vanuatu megapode|
|Vervet monkey||Venus flytrap||Victoria barbet|
|Vicuna||Variable oystercatcher||Victorian crowned hawk-eagle|
|Violet-backed starling||Visayan spotted deer||Vietnamese tree frog|
|Viperfish||Vietnamese pheasant||Vancouver Island marmot|
|Viscacha||Vine snake||Vagrant shrew|
|Vlei rat||Variegated squirrel||Vaux’s swift|
|Vogelkop bowerbird||Visayan warty pig||Velvet monkey|
|Volcano rabbit||Volcano mouse||Viperine snake|
|Vulture||Valley quail||Venezuelan red howler|
|Vulpes||Variable sunbird||Violet-headed hummingbird|
|Vulpine genet||Velvet asity||Velvet scoter|
|Vulture bee-eater||Vaal rhebok||Varied tit|
|Velvet worm||Violet turaco||Victoria’s riflebird|
|Verreaux’s sifaka||Vietnamese salamander||Vietnamese box turtle|
|Velvet ant||Vermilion flycatcher||Velvet-winged cinclodes|
|Violet-eared waxbill||Vicuña chilla||Visayan tarictic hornbill|
|Vampire squid||Vinaceous-breasted parrot||Velvet-fronted grackle|
|Velvet-fronted nuthatch||Venerable clouded leopard||Verraux’s eagle|
|Velvet gecko||Venezuelan poodle moth||Variable dwarf kingfisher|
|Vietnamese mossy frog||Vervain hummingbird||Vernal pool fairy shrimp|
|Virginia opossum||Velvet-purple coronet||Violet-tailed sylph|
Best Animals with Letter V
- Velvet-fronted pygmy-owl
- Venezuelan troupial
- Visayan leopard cat
- Vulturine parrot
- Vanikoro broadbill
- Vesper bat
- Vulturine snake-eagle
- Visayan writhed-billed hornbill
- Venezuelan sly
- Violet sabrewing
- Velvet-headed gecko
Animals That Start with Letter V
- Variable pitohui
- Vermiculated fishing owl
- Volcano mouse
- Variegated golden frog
- Velvet shank
- Vulturine fish eagle
- Vietnamese rabbit
- Varied sittella
- Variegated spider monkey
- Vagrant emperor
- Varied thrush
- Vietnamese water dragon
- Velvet-fronted stonecrop
Top 15 Ugliest Animals that Start with V
Here are 15 Ugly animals that start with the letter V that is often considered to be among the ugliest animals in the world:
- Vampire Bat
- Vampire Squid
- Variegated Lizard
- Vervet Monkey
- Velvet Worm
- Vagabond Butterflyfish
- Vermilion Snapper
- Variegated Sea Urchin
- Vagrant Shrimp
Cute Stuffed Animals that Start with V
Below are cute stuffed animals that begin with V:
- Vixen (fox)
- Velociraptor (dinosaur)
- Vulture (bird)
- Vicuna (llama-like animal)
- Vizsla (dog breed)
- Vaquita (porpoise)
- Valentine Bear (teddy bear with heart)
- Velvet Bunny (rabbit)
- Violet Unicorn (unicorn)
- Vulpix (Pokemon plush toy)
- Volcano Dragon (dragon)
- Victorian Mouse (mouse dressed in Victorian clothing)
- Vango Penguin (penguin with hat and scarf)
- Viking Dragon (a dragon with Viking helmet)
- Vanilla Cat (cat with vanilla-colored fur)
Popular Animals that Start with the Letter V | Interesting Facts & Pictures
Below is a full alphabetical list of popular animals that start with the letter V:
- These birds of prey are known for their scavenging habits and bald heads.
- They play an important role in the ecosystem by cleaning up carrion.
- These bats feed on the blood of other animals, including humans.
- They have sharp teeth and an anticoagulant in their saliva that helps them feed on their prey.
- This South American mammal is a relative of the llama and is known for its soft, luxurious wool.
- They are highly valued for their wool, which is considered one of the finest in the world.
- These strange invertebrates are covered in a layer of slime that helps them capture their prey.
- They have retractable spikes on their heads that they use to inject venom into their victims.
- This marsupial is found in North and Central America.
- They are known for their tendency to “play dead” when threatened and for their ability to climb trees.
- This venomous snake is found in many parts of the world.
- They have long fangs and a potent venom that they use to kill their prey.
- Some species, such as the bushmaster, can grow up to 12 feet in length.
Animals FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What are some animals for kindergarten with V?
Here are some animals that start with the letter “v” that may be suitable for kindergarten: Vulture, Vicuña, Vixen, Viper, Velvet Ant, Vaquita, Vampire Bat, Vizsla (dog breed), Virginia Opossum, and Velvet Worm.
What are some funny animals With V?
Here are some animals that start with the letter “v” that are often considered funny: Vervet monkey, Vampire bat, Vizsla (dog breed), Vicuña, Vulture, Vaquita (porpoise), Volcano rabbit, Viper, Velvet worm, and Vicar of Bray (a songbird).
What are some other sea animals that start with V?
Here are some sea animals that start with the letter “v”: Vaquita, Velvet belly lanternshark, Velvet crab, Velvet skate, Viperfish, Virgate sand snail, Viscous file clam, Vitrinella snail, Volutid snail, and Venus clam.