The University of Calgary located in Calgary Alberta Canada is a public research university. It was established in 1966 and has since grown to become one of Canada’s leading institutions for higher education and research. The university is known for its strong academic programs, innovative research, and vibrant campus community.
- Established: 1966
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Total Student: 35,000
- Acceptance Rate: 63%
- Main Campus: Northwest quadrant of Calgary
- Academic Programs: A wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs
- Research Focus: Energy, health sciences, engineering, environmental sciences, social sciences
- Diverse Student Body: Attracts students from Canada and around the world
- Sports Teams: Competing as the “Dinos” in various sports
- Community Engagement: Active in local and regional development initiatives
- Innovation Emphasis: Fosters entrepreneurship and innovation
- Sustainability: Committed to environmentally sustainable practices
- Arts and Culture: Supports artistic expression and cultural events
- Partnerships: Collaborates with industry, government, and other institutions
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary Students’ Union is the official representative organization for undergraduate students at the University of Calgary. All undergraduate students enrolled at the university are automatically members of the student union
Campuses and Facilities
The university has multiple campuses, with the main campus located in the northwest quadrant of Calgary. The main campus features modern facilities, libraries, research centers, student residences, and recreational areas.
The University offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs across various disciplines, including arts, science, engineering, business, health sciences, law, education, and more.
The university is recognized for its research contributions in various fields, including energy, health, engineering, environmental sciences, and social sciences. It is home to several research institutes and centers that focus on interdisciplinary collaboration and advancing knowledge.
Strong Focus on Innovation
The University emphasizes innovation and entrepreneurship, fostering an environment that encourages students and researchers to develop new ideas, technologies, and solutions.
The university has a diverse student body, attracting students from across Canada and around the world. This diversity contributes to a rich cultural and academic exchange on campus.
The University of Calgary has established partnerships with industry, government agencies, and other institutions to enhance research, knowledge transfer, and collaboration.
The university is involved in various community outreach and engagement initiatives, contributing to the local and regional development of Calgary and Alberta.
Sports and Recreation
The university has a strong focus on sports and recreation, with various facilities for athletics and fitness. The university’s sports teams, known as the “Dinos,” compete in a variety of sports at the university and national levels.
Arts and Culture
The university supports arts and culture through galleries, performance spaces, and events. It plays a role in promoting creativity and artistic expression on campus and in the community.
The University is committed to sustainability and environmental stewardship, implementing initiatives to reduce its carbon footprint and promote sustainable practices.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Kinesiology
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Design
- Haskayne School of Business
- Schulich School of Engineering
- Cumming School of Medicine
- Werklund School of Education
- School of Public Policy
- Graduate Studies
- School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape
Popular Major At the University of Calgary
- Computer Science
- Health Sciences
- Communication Studies
Rankings & Ratings
QS World University Rankings: #182
International Tuition: 12,695.9 CAD
Phone: +1 403-220-5110
Official Website: https://conted.ucalgary.ca ›
Address: 2500 University Dr. NW, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4, Canada
Discover More Universities:
- The World’s Top Universities
- List Of Best Colleges In The World
- World’s Best Schools List
- Top Universities in Japan
- Top Universities in the UK
- Top Universities in China
- Top Universities in the USA
FAQs (People Also Ask)
What is the acceptance rate at the University of Calgary?
The acceptance rate at the University of Calgary is 63& and can vary by program and year, but generally.
How big is the University of Calgary campus?
The University’s main campus covers approximately 213 hectares (527 acres) in the northwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta.
Does the University of Calgary offer online courses?
Yes, it offers a variety of online courses and programs, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
What is the University of Calgary known for?
The University is known for its strong programs in energy research, health sciences, engineering, and business. It also has a reputation for fostering innovation and entrepreneurship.
Does the University of Calgary have a medical school?
Yes, the University has the Cumming School of Medicine, which offers medical education, research, and training.