It is one of the leading public research universities located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The University of Alberta is the largest university in Canada, known for its strong emphasis on research and academic excellence.
- Established: 1908
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Campuses: North Campus, Augustana Campus, Campus Saint-Jean, South Campus, and Enterprise Square
- Academic Programs: A wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs
- Acceptance Rate: 58%
- Research Excellence: Strong focus on research and a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities
- Rankings: Consistently ranks among top universities in Canada and globally
- Notable Alumni: Includes Nobel laureates, politicians, academics, and entrepreneurs
- Cultural Engagement: Engaged with the local community through cultural events and outreach
- Facilities: State-of-the-art research labs, libraries, performance spaces, and more
- Student Life: Vibrant student life with clubs, organizations, and sports opportunities
- Sustainability: Committed to environmental sustainability and energy-efficient practices
- Global Partnerships: Collaborates with institutions worldwide for research and student exchange
About the University of Alberta
Alberta is a top 5 Canadian college located in Edmonton, Alberta, and home to forty,000 students in a huge type of programs. It ranks inside the pinnacle 120 inside the international. Your journey begins right here.
Pick from more than 200 program options, test the admission necessities, and follow online. More than 500 graduate applications, 250 specializations, and three hundred research areas discover how to take your training to the next level.
History and Establishment
The University of Alberta was established in 1908 and is one of Canada’s oldest universities. The University of Alberta was founded by Alexander Cameron Rutherford the first premier of Alberta and Henry Marshall Tory the university’s first president.
The university has five campuses: North Campus, Augustana Campus (located in Camrose), Campus Saint-Jean (located in Edmonton), South Campus, and Enterprise Square. The North Campus is the main and largest campus and houses most of the university’s faculties and departments.
The University of Alberta offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in various disciplines, including arts, sciences, engineering, business, health sciences, law, and more.
The university is known for its strong focus on research and is a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities. It has a robust research community and is involved in various research initiatives and collaborations at the national and international levels.
University of Alberta Rankings
The University of Alberta consistently ranks among the top universities in Canada and globally. Its research output, academic reputation, and overall impact contribute to its high standing in various university rankings. The University of Alberta is at the moment ranked as no. 85 in our Computer Science university ranking. It also ranks 5 in the university ranking for Canada.
The university has produced numerous notable alumni who have made significant contributions to various fields, including Nobel laureates, politicians, academics, entrepreneurs, and more.
Cultural and Community Engagement
The university is engaged with the local community through various cultural events, community outreach programs, and collaborations with industry partners.
The University of Alberta boasts state-of-the-art facilities, including research labs, libraries, performance spaces, recreational facilities, and student housing options.
The university offers a vibrant student life with various clubs, organizations, and student associations catering to diverse interests. There are also opportunities for sports, arts, and other extracurricular activities.
The University of Alberta is committed to sustainability and has taken initiatives to reduce its environmental impact through energy-efficient practices, waste reduction, and sustainable development.
The university collaborates with institutions around the world through research partnerships, student exchange programs, and international initiatives.
The University of Alberta’s acceptance rate is 58% as admissions are moderately competitive due to a holistic selection policy.
The WA Government recognizes the cost involved in being an international student and offers financial assistance through several unique new student incentives and scholarships. These are designed to support international students as they set up home here in Western Australia.$5,000 Regional Bursary for TAFE International Students
- Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Augustana Campus
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Extension
- Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
- Faculty of Native Studies
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation
- Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation
- Faculty of Extension
- Campus Saint-Jean
Popular Major At the University of Alberta
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Environmental Science
- Fine Arts
Rankings & Ratings
- Best Global Universities: #136
- World Rank:81
- QS Rank:#110
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Meeting Specific Program Requirements
- Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA)
- English Language Proficiency (for international students)
- Standardized Test Scores (if required)
- Letters of Recommendation (if required)
- Personal Statement or Essay (if required)
- Portfolio or Audition (for certain creative programs)
- Interview (if required)
- Prerequisite Coursework Completion
- Application Deadlines
- Application Fee (if applicable)
International tuition: 20,395.2 CAD
Tel: (780) 492-4094.
Official Website: https://www.ualberta.com
Location: 142 Telus Centre 87 Ave & 111 St.University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2R3
Discover More Universities:
- The World’s Top Universities
- List Of Best Colleges In The World
- World’s Best Schools List
- Top Universities in Japan
- Top Universities in the UK
- Top Universities in China
- Top Universities in the USA
FAQs (People Also Ask)
What is the University of Alberta known for?
The University of Alberta is known for its strong emphasis on research, academic excellence, and a wide range of programs in various disciplines.
How big is the University of Alberta’s campus?
The University has several campuses, with the North Campus being the main and largest one. It spans over 50 city blocks and houses numerous academic and research facilities.
What are the popular majors at the University of Alberta?
Popular majors at the University of Alberta include engineering, business, biological sciences, computer science, psychology, nursing, education, economics, and more.
How can I apply to the University of Alberta?
You can apply to the University of Alberta through their online application system. Make sure to check the specific admission requirements for your desired program and submit all necessary documents before the application deadline.
What is the acceptance rate at the University of Alberta?
The acceptance rate of the University of Alberta is 58% and can vary depending on the program and year.