Care refers to the state or act of being concerned, attentive, or responsible for the well-being or safety of someone or something. It involves showing consideration, attention, and taking appropriate actions to ensure the welfare of others or oneself.
The word “care” originated from the Old English word “caru,” which meant “sorrow” or “anxiety.” It can be traced back to the Proto-Germanic word “karo” and is related to the Gothic word “kara” and Old High German word “chara,” both meaning “care” or “sorrow.”
- Mary took great care of her garden, watering the plants regularly and removing weeds.
- The nurse showed care and compassion while attending to the needs of the patients.
- It is essential to drive with care to ensure the safety of yourself and others on the road.
- The company demonstrated care for its employees by providing them with a safe and healthy work environment.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
How do you use care as a noun?
As a noun, “care” can be used in various ways to refer to different aspects of concern or responsibility. Here are a few common ways to use “care” as a noun:
Taking care: This phrase refers to the act of being responsible for someone or something. For example:
- “She is in charge of taking care of her younger siblings.”
- “The dog requires regular grooming and proper care.”
Care and attention: This phrase emphasizes the importance of being attentive and considerate. For example:
- “The project requires careful planning and attention to detail.”
- “The teacher praised the student for their care and attention in completing the assignment.”
How do you use care in a sentence?
- “I take care of my plants by watering them regularly and providing them with enough sunlight.”
Is care a noun or verb?
The word “care” can function as both a noun and a verb. As a noun, it refers to the state or act of being concerned or responsible for the well-being of someone or something. As a verb, it describes the action of showing concern, attention, or responsibility. The usage of “care” as a noun or a verb depends on the context in which it is used.
What is a care with example?
Care, as a noun, refers to the state or act of being concerned, attentive, or responsible for the well-being or safety of someone or something.
“She takes care of the fragile antique vase.”
What are 2 sentences for caring?
Here are three sentences that illustrate the concept of caring:
- “She is a caring individual who always goes out of her way to help those in need.”
- “The teacher showed caring and compassion towards her students, providing them with emotional support and guidance.”
Explore A-Z Nouns List: